Terms and Conditions
The “Internet of Things” (IoT) Project Competition for WSO2Con Europe 2014 (the “Competition”) is a promotional activity offered by WSO2 Inc. (“WSO2“) in respect of WSO2Con Europe 2014 held in Barcelona, Spain, from the 16th to the 18th of June 2014 (“Conference“). Those entering this Competition will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions“):
- Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Competition is only open to those persons who have registered for the WSO2Con Europe 2014 Conference held in Barcelona, Spain from 16th to 18th June 2014.
- This Competition commences on 16th June 2014, the first day the Conference and closes by 5.00pm 18th June 2014 on the last day of the Conference, the (“Competition Period“). WSO2 reserves the right to alter the Competition Period at any time.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
- Employees of WSO2 (including employees of any of WSO2′s affiliated companies) or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Competition or helping to set up the Competition shall not be permitted to enter the Competition
- Each registrant of the Conference will be automatically entered in to the Competition and shall be considered a participant (“participant“) for the purposes of this Competition and these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless a registrant has given written notice to WSO2 of their unwillingness to participate in this Competition, each Participant is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions upon the participation at the Conference and shall thereby be considered eligible and willing to take part in the Competition.
- Participants will be automatically provided with an Oxygen Tank (“OT“) Account upon registration for the Conference and participation in this Competition shall be regulated through each individual OT Account assigned to each Participant.
- Upon registration for the Conference, Participants will be provided with a Conference Pass (“Pass“). Each Participant is required to use (“Swipe-In”) their assigned Pass to enter various venues and booths within the vicinity of the Conference.
[For the purposes of this Competition and these Terms and Conditions, to "Swipe In" shall mean to swipe the Conference Pass through/before an electronic reader at locations that require such identification in order to authorize entry.]
- One (01) Swipe-In at a particular Swipe-In point, either at the entrance to the venue or at a booth, shall be considered to be one (01) Check-In and shall provide the Participant with one (01) Check-In point.
[For the purposes of this Competition and these Terms and Conditions, a "Check-In" shall mean the act or process of reporting and recording that you have arrived at a particular location.]
- Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them upon registration to the Conference is true, accurate and complete in every respect.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that such information provided by them shall be used to keep track of and log the number of Swipe-Ins each Participant has made.
- There shall be one (01) winner chosen based on the highest number of Check-In points gained during the Competition Period and the winner shall be announced at the Conference on the 18th of June 2014 at 5.15pm. The winner shall be entitled to a Pebble Jet Black Smart Watch.
- A Participant is only allowed to Check-In once at any particular Swipe-In venue and any additional Check-Ins by the same Participant at the same venue shall be invalid.
- In the event two or more Participants tie for the highest number of check-ins, WSO2 reserves the right to enter those Participants who have gained the highest number of check-ins to a draw and select the winner.
- WSO2 reserves the right to cancel the Competition or in any way amend or replace these Terms and Conditions without notice and without any liability. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be notified to Participants as soon as possible by the WSO2.
- No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The winner will be notified on the 18th June 2014. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not present during the announcement, WSO2 shall contact the winner via contact details provided at registration.
- The winner must, at WSO2′s request, participate in all Competition related promotional activity (such as publicity and photography), free of charge, and consent to WSO2 using his/her name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of him/her) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- Participants’ personal information is collected by or on behalf of WSO2 to enable WSO2 and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicize the winner. Such personal information may also be provided to persons assisting WSO2, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and related companies. By participating in the Competition, Participants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- All of WSO2′s decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the WSO2 to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, WSO2 hereby excludes and shall not have any liability to any Participant or winner in connection with or arising out of the Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude WSO2′s liability for personal injury or death caused by a proven act of negligence.
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- A failure by WSO2 to enforce any one of these Terms and Conditions at any time will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Participant, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the laws of England and Wales